Becoming a SAA Member(Individual, Institution, and Student)
SAA draws its membership from persons and organizations engaged in Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS-related activities. They may be recommended by the executive committee as honorary members on account of their special contribution to the fight against AIDS.
Why become a SAA Membership?
- Access to the SAA membership database
Being a member of SAA allows you to publish your articles, news, and stories on your profile.
- Access to networking
Achieving the Global Goal of ending AIDS by 2030 is a collective effort. The SAA membership platform has an avenue that allows members to communicate with each other and share resources, findings, and information.
- Become part of the ICASA Programme committees after 4 consecutive years of membership
After four years of membership, active members are eligible to join any of the ICASA programme committees and assist the ICASA ICC in decision-making.
- Access to the latest information on SAA activities
As a member of SAA, you will receive up-to-date information on upcoming SAA activities.
- Receive frequent electronic alerts on SAA membership status.
As a member of SAA, you will receive an update on your membership status, including the date of registration and the date your membership is due.
- Get an opportunity to decide the membership of the SAA governing council
As a member of SAA, you are entitled to vote for who becomes a member of the SAA governing council.
- Get a 5% discount on forthcoming ICASA as a SAA paid member.
As a SAA paid member, you are also entitled to a 5% discount on your registration fee for the forthcoming ICASA Conference.
- Access all past ICASA Abstracts
As a member of SAA, you have access to past ICASA Abstracts.
Criteria for SAA Election Eligibility
In order to contest or be nominated for a position on the SAA Administrative Council, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- The candidate must be educated to second degree level in Human/Medical/Behavioral or Social sciences (in a relevant field of study).
- The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of HIV/AIDS, STIs, Sexual & Reproductive Health, or other related issues.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 5 publications in a relevant field of work.
- The candidates should be able to make available the names and contacts of 3 referees who should have had work relationship with the candidate at some point.
- The candidate should have attended a minimum of 3 ICASAs, justify by the ICASA certificate of participation.
- The candidate should have paid his SAA membership fees for at least 3 subsequent years.
Critères d’éligibilités au conseil Administratif de la SAA :
- Avoir un niveau universitaire de 3 cycle en science sociale/médecine.
- Avoir un minimum de cinq années d’expériences de travail en santé reproductive, VIH/SIDA, MST ou des expériences relatives a votre spécialité.
- Avoir au moins cinq 5 publications a son actif.
- Fournir au moins trois références relatives aux fonctions occupées.
- Avoir participé au moins à 3 conférences ICASA/SISMA, justifiées par les attestions de participation à la conférence
- S’acquitter de sa cotisation de membre sur 3 années consécutives.